Wednesday, June 6, 2007

spanglish

well i´ve been living with my argentinian family for several days now, and it´s pretty sweet! My parents are liliana and Jorge (that´s George for all you gringos) i have an older sister named Mari, she has a son named Rami, another sister that i´ve only met once and don´t actually remember her name... oops, then a brother named leandro. I have my own room with a tv, cable, computer with internet, and phone, and my favorite thing.... a space heater! The only bad part about my room is the staircase-ladder i must conquer in order to get to and from it. I´ve only fallen down it once!

we live in a great neighborhood that´s really close to the bus and train and subway, i guess you could say i´m living the highlife argentina style.

I´ll be honest though... classes straight up suck. I am remebering why I enjoy summer so much, it means no homework, however that is not the case! oh well, it´s still worth it.

Thankfully my older sister Mari understands english fluently, so whenever i can´t think of a word I can just say it is english and she´ll tell me it is spanish. Sadly I think her seven year old son knows more english than i do spanish! whatever!

All in all i´m enjoying my time and i love the people. they greet eachother with such affection, always a kiss on the cheek, everyone, even guys to guys! It´s a beautiful thing! OH i also really want one of these spanish keyboards, they have all the crazy accent stuff on them, spanish papers would be much easier to type!

One dissappointing thing, and i´m sure you´ve all been wondering about this, is that contrary to what the Simpsons taught me, the toilets do not flush the opposite direction, they simply go straight down... I know... major bummer.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have a horrible vision of what life would be like if we lived life according to the Simpson's....whoa.

ashley elizabeth said...

oh hillary you are hilarious and i miss your hilariousness in the same country as me! well now we are at least in the same western hemisphere. :) and i totally understand the langauge barrier... and smiling is the universal language!