Wow, I can´t believe we leave in just a few hours. I feel like I have a final exam I haven´t studied for or something. I´m just not ready yet. The nice part is I finally figured out how to write on this blog again, brilliant!!! Now I can comment about how loco I feel. I think I´ve learned a lot but then again, I forget what I knew before I came and what I´ve just confirmed by my experience here. I think I´ve changed, but I don´t remember how I was when life was ¨normal¨. There´s things I would change, yes, but can I really have preferences on how I would live here just because things weren´t to my very best advantage? The questions. There are a few things I do know though or wish I did:
1. The children here are beautiful and I hope some day I can adopt from here.
2. I´m changing my concentration again to business-psychology and spanish minor. good luck to me.
3. My heart aches and burns when I see children selling things on subtes, women begging holding children, and mentally or physically handicapped people on the streets.
4. The city makes my mind race and I find little peace here. I understand how people can become apathetic or isolated in the rush to all squish together.
5. I wish I could be more to so many people, people I love deeply, people I´ll never meet, people I look with pity in my eyes but not enough to reach into my pocket, myself mostly.
6. Dignity is quickly replaced by hunger. Need outweighs etiquette, and compassion can feel overwhelmed by desperation.
7. Who do I represent when no one knows who I am? A student, an american, a christian?
8. I have no idea how to suffer well.
I´m sure I could add but right now I just want to sleep and pray.
Wednesday, June 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Amy, I can tell you've had a deep and enriching experience. Your soul has been touched and nourished by new things, sad things, even odd things. Isn't it great that you'll be coming home as a changed young woman?! I know you'll have plenty of chances ahead to live out what has stirred your heart. Praise God that you're trying to learn how to live the life He's given you, even as you struggle seeing how most of the world lives with so much less than us. Looking forward to listening this fall! Mrs. J.
Post a Comment