Sunday, June 3, 2007

"Ay!!" "Que Linda", "no me entiendo", "okay", "me dar lo mismo" These are the phrases of my life right now. How nice, beautiful; I don´t understand; okay-pretend like I understand; and I don´t care or whatever. At least I´m learning. Me encanta mucha mi familia, they are so wonderful and extremely patient with me and my funny faces when I don´t understand something. Bianca is a beautiful, really really beautiful 16 year old student who is a lot of fun and then there´s Sandra, mi madre. The first hour I was at home we were playing the electric guitar together and I can already(in two days) play Let it Be by the Beatles. I got skills, baby. Tough the language barrier is great it is not difficult to understand the care that people have for each other here and they have been incredibly kind to me. We greet everyone with a kiss on the cheek and it´s an attitude of openness and intimacy that´s new and very beautiful to me. So far I have worked at an orphanage of children who have nothing but the biggest and most beautiful smiles you´ve ever seen, with a kindergarten class who couldn´t speak to us but we danced and sang to High School Musical together and it was almost the best 20 minutes of my life and then we learned how the children are dying because of the awful contaminated water that has seeped through and stays in the streets, and then there´s dancing the tango, using public transportation and trying not to get eaten by the crazy dogs. All is beautiful, wonderful, and eye-opening. ¡¡¡¡Adventuras!!!!!! ¡¡¡Que linda!!

No comments: