1. the busses don´t stop completely to let you on or off... move quickly and carefully!
2. pedestarians do not under any circumstance have the right of way... crossing the street is probably one of the most dangerous parts of the day.
3. just because it´s latin America does not mean that it is warm... it´s winter and it´s cold.
4. even though i´ve studied spanish for 7 years, i really have no idea what anyone else is saying... the smile and nod, however, is universal.
5. being a picky eater means going hungry at almost every meal, and everything can be made into quisch, we had tuna quisch a few nights ago... ew
6. apparently, Argentinians don´t sleep, the night is still young even when it´s 12am... café (coffee) is my new best friend
Sheryl just gave all the important info... so i thought i´d keep my first post short. it´s taken several days to figure out how to log on as a user... apparently the internet comes in Spanish down here... who knew?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
oh, hill, this makes me miss you guys. I'm so happy you're discovering new things and i'm in disbelief that you have to use the smile and nod! y'all will be so fluent when you get back! love and miss you all! magalicious
Whenever I read this blog I find myself smiling out loud (is that possible?)and anxious to hear more from all of you. I am especially enjoying the "Things I'ver learned." By the end of your trip, if not already, I suspect you will have a deeper appreciation for your life back in the states, no? Please continue to post updates when you can and know that your families love you and look forward to your safe return.
Hillary, have you found a place that makes good Swedish pancakes? :-)
Post a Comment