Things I like about Argentina
1. The passion and openness of the people especially when it comes to anything political
2. Drinking mate and coffee
3. Eating delicious pastries and ice cream
4. Seeing professional dog walkers with at least 10 dogs
5. The jokes my father makes
6. Riding public transportation - especially the crowded train and subte
7. Talking in Spanish
8. The music
9. My grandmother
10. The greeting and goodbye with kisses on the cheek and saying chao - little more personal than simply a wave
11. My little brother who constantly babbles with much animation as if what he was saying was very critical
12. Fruit and Vegetable stores every several blocks
Things I dont like
1. The food - it is very bland and lacks spice
2. Intestines and blood sausage - tried both and I will pass next time
3. Having to avoid dog poop on the side walks
4. The lack of diversity in the people
5. Being cold almost all day long
6. Sleeping without a pillow
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
you know diversity is something that i noticed was lacking in china too... it was odd to me considering that we make such a big deal about it all the time!
and everytime you say "my father" or something i always immediately think, what? her father's in argentina?? then i remember you have a host family and everything is right again. :) love you!
I'm glad to see there are more likes than dislikes... We'll keep praying to that end! :)
p.s. Whenever I forget my pillow, I sleep on a rolled-up t-shirt. It seems to work surprisingly well.
Post a Comment