Hey guys,
So we will be leaving argentina in less than five days to fly back home to the states. It is wierd to think it is so close to being done and that I´ve been away from home for two months now. It has gone by incredibly fast.
Well, the past couple of days in Salta have been wonderful. A man named David, who we met at the beginning of our trip has been taking us around the city and the province to different places that are famous and special to this area. Three of the students from the church have accompanied us on these outings, which made it a lot more fun. He took us to see the foothills of the Andes yesterday where there are a lot of famous vineyards. They are some of the best vineyards in all of Argentina. We went to a winery, took a tour, tried some wine and wine flavored ice cream, and enjoyed the beautiful veiw fo the moutains. The drive to this village was about four hours, but it passed much faster than I expected. The terrain changed drastically throughout the drive from a valley surrounded by mountains to being within and winding through the mountains, to being in a desert again surrounded by mountains. THe landscape reminded me of a combination of Glenwood Springs canyon in Colorado, northern New Mexcio, and Wyoming. The mountains were all different colors of red rock and some were covered with vegetation while others were bare. We stopped in several different spots along the drive to go rock climbing.
Today we went to were the Amazon rainforest begins in northern argentina or to where it ends, depending on your perspective. We hiked in the forest for a little while, winding from one side of a river to the other. We also drove to a lake on a road that was the old Incan highway. The Incans used it to capture and conquer the indigenous people of Argentina and later the Spanish conquistadors used it to transport goods and armies.
So I can know say that I´ve seen the Andes, the Amazon, and an Incan highway. All of which I did not expect to see and think is very neat and special to have had the privilege of seeing.
I hope you all are well. We leave tomorrow to begin our two day drive back to Buenos Aires. I will then see my host family again on Saturday and prepare to fly home Sunday. I look forward to talking with you all soon. Lots of love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I MISS YOU I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL YOU ARE BACK HERE IN AMERICA SO WE CAN TALK. okay, sorry for the exclamations i was just expressing my emotions, you know me...anyways, i am excited to hear more about it and see some pics. :)
Post a Comment