Friday, July 6, 2007

Fabulous Food!

For those of you who know me well I love food and I remember places by where I eat. Well last night we ate at a restaurant that was incredible and will be fondly remembered by me for many years. Jen, this would be one that I would write up in my travel guide book that you and are going to write one day. It came close to competing with that shrimp shack. Anyway, it was our last night all together as a group and most importantly with one of our beloved professors. He will be leaving Wheaton to go to Whitworth College in Washington. In order to honor him we all went to a Brazilian steakhouse. It was amazing. The salad bar had a wide variety of vegetables, cheeses, and fruits, which was a joy. As Amy wrote, we have been deeply missing our greenery in our meals. I could easily have only eaten the salad bar and still thought it was a great restaurant. But then the even better part came around. Each waiter carried skewers with different cuts of beef, chicken, and pork. The continually came around to your table and if you wanted it you nodded and then indicated how much. If you did not want it, you just politely waved them away. You need to know that I like meat, but it would not be my choice meal. Well, this restaurant changed my opinion of meat. It was probably some of the best meat I have ever eaten and all of it was very tender, flavorful, and melted in your mouth. In addition to the fabulous meat, we also had fresh squeeezed passion fruit juice, which was also incredible. We sat there laughing, eating, talking, and enjoying one anothers company for about three hours. It was a lot of fun and maybe one of my favorite memories so far on the trip, besides the waterfalls.

We are seperating tonight, as Amy said. So whatever you hear from Hillary applies to her and three other students. Amy and I along with 11 other students head back to the Brazilian side of the falls tonight in another bus ride. Then we cross back into Argentina to explore Rosario and Salta. I hope you are all doing well. I am sure we will have more funny bus ride stories to tell you soon!

1 comment:

bethanybeams said...

Sigh. Churrasco & passion fruit juice. Nothing better, my dear - nothing better.
Glad to hear you have things to enjoy!