Friday, May 25, 2007

Preparing to Leave



So in less than 48 hours the three of us (Amy, Hillary, and me) will begin our journey to Argentina where we will be living and traveling with a group from Wheaton College for the next two months. It has come up much faster than I anticipated, but I am anxious for the trip to begin and to arrive in Buenos Aires. I can't wait to be speaking Spanish constantly and to meet the people of Argentina whom I know we will grow to be fond of and to love. I'm excited to meet my host family and to have an opportunity to learn on a more personal level about Argentine culture and especially their perspective on the world, politics, and the Church. I know it will be an enjoyable, challenging, exciting, and at times exhausting two months. But I think that is part of what will make the trip so memorable. I'm also looking forward to getting to know more Wheaton students and becoming closer friends with them during the next two months.

The three of us will be updating this blog on a periodic basis while we are in Argentina, so I hope that you enjoy reading what is happening to us. I also ask for your prayers for the group. Pray for saftey, good host homes, courage to speak Spanish, and the ability to enter into another culture with humility so we can learn from them not only about Argentina, but also about ourselves, humanity, and God's work among His people.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooh this is such a great idea, you three! I love each of you SO much. I know you'll have a blast on your Argentine adventure! all my love and prayers, mags

Wilgus said...

Godspeed!

Anonymous said...

I will read your blog everyday as a part of my morning devotions! Hillary, you will be missed greatly! You can count on us praying for you daily! Lova ya! Andy, Kathy, Emma and the COW

Anonymous said...

hey hillary.
sorry i missed your goodbye party. i really would have chosen going to it than my weekend. i got hit by a car, by someone in my family, but nothings broken. i hope you have a good time. im really going to miss you. your a life saver.
courtney

Beams said...

Dance away! I can't wait to see and hear everything you have learned.
Your blog is fun - even for those of us who are a bit slow with new ways of communicating.