Monday, May 28, 2007

Arrived

So the adventure began when our flight was an hour and a half late due to needing to add fuel since we were chanaging our flying route. Therefore we also got into Buenos Aires about an hour or so later. THis meant that our flight was 11 hours instead of the 9 it was suppose to be. But once we all got on board and settle, it was a pretty typical flight. The realization that we were actually going to aRgentina began to hit when I (sheryl) woke up around five in the morning to see the sun rising over the South American continent. It was then that I thought wow so we are actually going to Latin America. Before that it just felt like a fun weekend trip with a bunch of our good college friends. The other part of the adventure occured when Amy´s luggage did not show up. It should get here tomorrow, though.

We got to the Kairos Center where we will be staying for the next week for our orientation to the city. After eating and slightly cleaning up we took off to ride our first Argentine bus. We took the bus to a different neighborhood where we received tango lessons from a guy and his sister who were fabulous dancers. We all looked very humourous as many of us cannot dance, but it made for a nice introduction into Argentina.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gang! Wow, there for a few hours, and you're already doin' the Tango. How's the place, weather, food, and whatever else. We want to know everything. But take your time. no really. You can take a nap before we expect the full scoop. Hey Hillary, we just talked to Johnny. I think he's lonely. He's coming tomorrow to clean out my car and the garage! Dad says, "you still have an overdue tape from Blockbuster!" in that Kernel voice of his. Enough for now, our pizza's here! Love to all! Mama Johnson

Wilgus said...

Estan tangoando? Estoy envioso. Estoy missando you kids.

Anonymous said...

Glad you guys are safe! I miss all my chicas and could use all of your help at the nursing home in communicating to one the spanish speaking patients! You all would be wonderful whereas I look like an idiot throwing my limited spanish vocab around!

Sara Beth said...

I love you all!!! I'm so sorry about your luggage, Amy, and am praying it gets there soon. I'm sure that you kicked butt at your tango lessons, Sheryl, so don't even feign modesty. We all know you're a fabulous dancer. Actually, all three of you are.

Anonymous said...

Estoy felicimuchando (made up).E no remember nada mas! Great news on the blog. Thanks Sheryl for the overview. Your impressions are interesting and helpful to those of us back home. Be safe while you're having fun! With love, Mama Johnson xoxo